At Maxim Healthcare Services, we understand that seeking professional care for you or a loved one can be difficult, and navigating the Medicaid system can be overwhelming. We are here to help. Maxim has earned a reputation for our dedication to customer service and for the quality of our healthcare professionals. We’re committed to making healthcare more responsive and effective every day.
All of Maxim’s offices are licensed, as required, and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Healthcare (ACHC). In addition, many Maxim offices are also Medicare & Medicaid certified. Maxim’s Medicaid certified offices* will work with patients and their families to help gain a better understanding of Medicaid eligibility requirements, the different options available, as well as the services that should be covered by Medicaid.
What is Medicaid?
Medicaid is a state administered health program for eligible individuals and families with low incomes and resources that are jointly funded by both the state and federal government through The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services. It offers coverage for necessary inpatient and outpatient medical care, nursing facility services for children under age 21, rehabilitation and physical therapy services, and home and community-based care to certain persons with chronic conditions.
Who is Eligible for Medicaid?
• Low-income individuals and families who fit into select eligibility groups as recognized by federal and state law, including:
• Pregnant Women
• Children and Teenagers
• Individuals 65 and older
• Individuals who may be blind and/or disabled
• Individuals leaving welfare
• Families with children under the age of 18 as well as limited income and resources
• Individuals/families with high medical bills that cannot be paid (must also meet other Medicaid eligibility)
The regulations for counting your income and resources vary from state to state and from group to group. There are special rules for those who live in nursing homes and for children with disabilities living at home.
What is Covered?
“Mandatory” Items and Services Covered under Medicaid:
• Physician services
• Laboratory and x-ray services
• Inpatient hospital services
• Outpatient hospital services
• Early and periodic screen diagnostic, and treatment (EPSDT) services for individuals under 21
• Family planning
• Rural and federally-qualified health center (FQHC) services
• Nurse midwife services
• Nursing facility (NF) services for individuals 21 or over
“Optional” Items and Services Covered under Medicaid:
• Prescription drugs
• Clinic services
• Dental services and dentures
• Physical therapy and rehab services
• Prosthetic devices, eyeglasses
• Primary care case management
• Intermediate care services facilitated for the mentally retarded (ICF/MR)
• Inpatient psychiatric care for individuals under 21
• Home healthcare services
• Personal care services
• Hospice services
Medicaid certification and service offerings vary by individual office location. Please contact your local Maxim office to determine whether or not Medicaid is an accepted coverage option in your area.
The information above should not be used as a substitution for information about Medicaid learned through The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services or through consultation with your Physician. For more information about Medicaid, please visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Web site.